Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Freedom

Freedom..... I need it now more than ever. It’s luring me in, enticing me..... Never before had I felt such a strong need for freedom. I know I will have lots of it once I head for LSE and it’s so daunting. I just realise now that it has been nearly 22 years that I’ve lived a life, partially my own, but mostly based on what others expected of me... And although this has come late, this sudden sense of rebellion and this desire to be completely on my own is just too overpowering. I want to be able to wear the clothes I want to, visit places I like, do things I enjoy, spend time with people I love and speak my mind without having to worry about what my family would say…Urrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!! I WANT to be independent.... And I know that it involves a lot of hardship, a lot of compromises and probably more ‘downs’ than ‘ups’.....but I WANT it. I love my family and as horrible as this may sound, I think I need to get away from family...not for a short period, but for quite some time. I feel stifled sometimes conforming to a pre-determined way of living and conduct. I need my space. I need some independence. I need the power to make my own choices..... And I want all the responsibilities that come along with it. I know it won’t run away from them. Two and a half months more. Freedom wont elude me any more.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labour in freedom - Albert Einstein

No comments: