Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I'm IN

I'm IN. The London School of Economics & Political Science beckons !!!!! My dad is perhaps more excited than I am. He told me that when I was much younger, I always used to say that I want to go to LSE. I don't really remember that, but it's really happening now. I still have to worry about scholarships and funding though...so I'm not exactly going "Woooooooo Hoooooooooooooo", but I'm happy. I'm glad I took a year off. I can still remember what it felt like a couple of months ago, not knowing what the future held and having to give "acceptable" answers whenever questioned. I always used to wonder if it was the right decision and now I can see it is. Not just bcoz I have a confirmed offer of admission, but simply bcoz it has given me more time to reflect on things and think of people and issues that really matter to me (I know, I know, sounds very philosophical. It has also given me time to unwind, especially after last year's hectic study schedule. I have so much time to do things that I've always wanted to...:):):):):) And I cannot thank my friends enough...... Harini who keeps asking me "life's difficult questions" and eventually ends up giving me the answers herself :).... Anuj, Shruti, Preeti, Mallika, Aaraatrika, Ena, Rakhi and so many others who just helped in some way....And my brother, who went crazy when he heard the news and who is now earning and who has now promised to set aside his entire salary for my use alone :)I guess I'm done with all the emo-ramblings... Hopefully something better for my next post...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

u r welcome lady :)